Hometown Giving grant guidelines
An organization must meet all requirements below to apply for a CAC Grant:
- Organizations must have a current 501(c)(3) Public Charity status from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), be a school or a unit of government.
- Organizations must serve populations within 50 miles of the General Mills facility.
- The organization, its program or project, must support a broad and diverse audience.
- Organizations must apply for funding via the online grant application. Paper applications are not accepted.
General Mills Foundation grants will focus mainly on four areas:
- Hunger & Nutrition Wellness- supporting innovative programs that promote healthy children and families by providing nutrition education and physical fitness activities.
- Education - supporting efforts that emphasize student academic achievement, particularly at the K-12 level with a focus on academic enrichment and advancement.
- Strengthening Communities (Legacy) - supporting family services and arts & culture nonprofits - organizations in which the Foundation has had a historical, long term funding relationship. The Foundation is not accepting applications for new grants in these categories.
Geographic Focus Areas
To be eligible for funding from the General Mils Foundation, non profits must be located within a 50 mile radius from the plant facility and must serve communities within area as well. This grants program is by invitation only.